Thursday, March 08, 2007

422,120 with a Bullet!


I love the blog rankings at technorati. I'm oddly pleased to have eased my way into the top half million blogs on the internet. I'll try not to let it go to my head.

There's an interesting moment where blogging veers into sport. There's a competitive edge to those rankings that's hard to ignore. Blogging agonistics seems a predictable outcome. I'm curious if there's betting on blogs yet? Is there a line on me in Vegas? That would be great. There is certainly a business facet to many blogs already with the understandable monetary incentive of advertising making itself felt. But there's a fantasy stock market in blogs too at blogshares. I'm not sure I understand the appeal of this. I suppose, though, since we CAN have a fantasy stock market organized around blog links that, given the internet, it means we WILL have such a thing.

Of course, we all know that blogs aren't really a sport, or a business. Blogs are... literature? journalism? autobiography? entertainment? art? Don't tell me, the answer will come to me soon I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment