... LumpenProf! Dr. Curmudgeon has kindly bestowed the coveted blogger Inspiration Award on yours truly. I am deeply touched. It is heartening to know there are people who can find inspiration in the writings of a bitter and disaffected academic. Or, perhaps, I only inspire curmudgeons. Either way, I am truly honored.
I find the idea of viral awards to be oddly subversive. An award that is propagated like a ponzi scheme seems to undercut the scarcity which gives most awards their value. Blog awards seem to operate by a different logic and gain value as more members of the community come to share in them. So I will happily pass along this award to others who have inspired this cynical and pessimistic blogger. With deepest apologies, my winners are:
- What the hell is wrong with you for inspiring me to write by hosting InaDWriMo.
- Poet's Musings because I find it inspiring that there are poets still.
- Abject Learning because it inspires me to learn that sometimes my luddite tendencies are actually cutting-edge.
- What in the hell... for his inspiring sub-zero activism.
- Limited, Inc. for inspirations too numerous to mention.
- Baudrillard's Bastard for inspiring books and music.
- Academic Cog who inspires me to care more about my teaching.
- Please put the logo of the award (above) on your blog if you can make it work with your format.
- Link to the person from whom you received the award.
- Nominate 7 or more blogs.
- Put the links of those blogs on your blog.
- Leave a message on their blogs to tell them.